Vuiller Edict of Reform

HIGH_FIRE

4Gg8iwhaUFHd7K0q40gJU9CtfMXvD5VB6NH5oq9NwSdu74Ljt3y4kzfzV-TBjwx-4VsOw1-eQyGY_e63QfgIODIjXjCk3U0hUYxcjNDcMP-avuDKDcVhug0W76YoDLZnhB4aUYVle4u55kCsNXIZ7ZbAkTQyl8N7rXs-C7ywyJgsdY_YVhs1kmQEng

Vuiller Edict of Reform

7th of Godfrey’s Triumph, 27 B.A.       

lgXoXkAMLhr4_0iT6uunta1b6ZxQtq1RKxa2u5AxgWXjvyiCVHsTCDS3QQmefp0KfzKTI246Xgt08Tc9mH8YxnixRiMYX1SA-8cUK9nj6yIp-gWbms6JnYWVMFHb332UBCXoloRew6h2xO022BexACbwvfjppjQyPkrg__-OARzc1kHNuMNb68IA6A

A Decree from the Seneschal

AomomCaZQyN02-a5mMZv1jmMJ84ePDJhTbdHMRuTfdYdHZzfkUgv0jZaKsct67X94e6Vj-3UXLn1GG7-I0wZRKP0guufby01Qq5AKRckzeZN6qRhqtPlFiIYa8PpnVv44F3_ouxvdgqIJr6qi0fY-nu6rL5W0IbcOqoYrAAojp5yWCHCvg4gEkgULA

INTRODUCTION:

As I take up the mantle of Seneschal from my father I see to it that The Kingdom of Balian develops into a state that we can all be proud of, starting with the following executive edicts.

AomomCaZQyN02-a5mMZv1jmMJ84ePDJhTbdHMRuTfdYdHZzfkUgv0jZaKsct67X94e6Vj-3UXLn1GG7-I0wZRKP0guufby01Qq5AKRckzeZN6qRhqtPlFiIYa8PpnVv44F3_ouxvdgqIJr6qi0fY-nu6rL5W0IbcOqoYrAAojp5yWCHCvg4gEkgULA

1. On Noble Peerage:

For a long time in Balian, Nobility has not been adequately defined in terms of what they can do, what is expected of them and what is offered to them as privileges. With the passing of this edict I hereby commission the creation of a public documentation that will explain these matters in full within the next two Saints Years.

1. On Tax Exemptions:

Some buildings in Atrus bear the tax exempt status due to donations made by their owners early on in Balian’s founding. However it is with the edict that I will be declaring the removal of these tax exemptions and any and all people bearing such a status on their house will begin to pay taxes with the start of the year 28 B.A.

1. On the Executive and Legislative

The legislative body of Balian, The Senate, shall henceforth be removed from interfering with any business of the executive in an entirely official capacity. The King, however, retains the role of assenting Senate Bills, and may share it with his Chambers should he so please.

1. On the Legal Code

The current legal code of Balian was written within a singular Saint’s day and was fit for the purpose it fulfilled. However, now comes the time for it to be updated, the revised legal code written by Cesar Alejandro Peter Komnenos will be henceforth used as the Legal Code of Balian.

1. On Fortifications

All fortified lands in Balian are to require a master key that will be given directly to the Captain of the Company of Balian, for him to access the fortifications, should it ever be considered necessary in times of war or strife.

1. On The Purity of Peerage

The ennobled peers of Balian are to undergo tests to ensure their purity, and that they are not any form of darkspawn. Should they neglect to do this then they will be detained until such testing is done. This is to ensure that Balian is of the utmost holiness.

Signed,

HIS ROYAL MAJESTY, John I,  by the Grace of GOD, King of Balian, Viscount of Eflen, Baron of Brucca, Lord of Atrus and Monterosa, Prince of the Holy Orenian Empire, Protector of the Heartlanders and Protector of the South, etcetera.

The Seneschal of Balian, Lord Ledicort of House Vuiller