[Your View] Armament Techlock

Armament Techlock  

269 members have voted

1. 1. Does Plate Armor Require a Change?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe Idk :3
  2. 2. Do Ranged Weapons Require a Change?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Is The Problem Actually Real?

• Yes
    • No

I never found an issue with plate armor itself, as it can be easily countered. I found more issues with people with orc/olog strength or a weird mix of magic and ST weapons altogether with some CA. Or heck, even magic being cast on horses by a huge group of people who kait and were unable to be stopped, those are very overwhelming issues(the latter is a old thing I've seen myself).However, plate armor might be overwhelming if worn by very strong-type characters(I.E. such as orcs or ologs), but overall, it's easily manageable, unlike certain things and an easy tool for your common joe to defend themselves against lore stuff or powerful creatures, and so on. I won't hide; I've seen people powergaming it hard by making in a impossible fortress of steel to break, but an easy fix is to really specify what can damage it, how ranged weapons have an effect on it, and, to be honest, just punish those who powergame. It's going to be another HUGE problem to handle for everyone if plate armors are given mechanics or certain limitations, or heck, even sorts of 'stats' might bring more issues than fixing em. It's better to remain simple. That's my opinion at least.

'no guns' 

actually enforce the rp standard if this is still a thing. you can't go a day without seeing a robot or some kind of stupid mech walking around one of the many """""medieval""""" settlements on the map.

i've also seen some people running around with warhammer bolters and magic railguns already. also you can just play a caveman with a large hammer and beat someone in plate armour to death so i don't see how it's imbalanced, craven generic fantasy mage #4325 just cant use his epic malflame or whatever it is to melt someone in one emote

I'd say, buff the ranged weapons. Make them viable against both mages and knights.

Bows should be 2 emotes instead of 3, so that they can make up their lack of penetration with firerate.
Crossbows should be better at penetrating armour, so that a well positioned crossbowsman can kill a knight in shiny armour.

Then, to make them not too op, ranged weapons could force the user to wear slightly lighter armour, so that there are no plates, which could get in their way as they try to attack. 

baffling that random guys in heavy plate armour shrugging off fireballs is the big bad for 'balance' on the server, it's purely an issue with roleplay quality and standards that is still not enforced at all for some inconceivable reason.

balance does not exist on lotc. a pink tag new player can spawn in with his stone sword and plate armour skin and come across a t5 boomsteel glaive, alchemy potion wielding lichlord with 3 olog strength summons and whose soul is buried so deep underground that he can revive again the next day. 
that there's a small chance the plate wearing militiaman might be able to hit him with his sword is not an issue of 'balance', it's just that otherwise 90% of the server would live in complete fear of the other 10% and be entirely unable to interact with any sort of st eventline (which seems to be pretty much the case already)

archery is silly though it should take 2 emotes, 'action economy' is a myth in any crp situation thats not between two big MA min-maxers

19 hours ago, Islamadon said:

1. No Guns

- The Administration does not want them

Go home folks, false alarm

14 hours ago, Tatsu Chisuke said:

Take this suggestion with a pinch of salt, but perhaps we should make the first emote when it comes to ranged combat such as bows and etc only need to be done once, for instance

Emote 1: Takes out bow,

Emote 2: loads arrow

Emote 3: shoot

Emote 4: reload arrow

Emote 5: shoot

Emote 6: reload arrow

Emote 7: shoot

(Any more arrows shoot and the arm will go numb, unless on a 3 emote cooldown)

WARNING, this is just from the back of my head, this can be improved, if even considered

RYDER RIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!! This is based and I support this opinion

There's magic that allows what tantamounts to muskets and more. I think with sufficient roleplay simple matchlocks should be able to be made. They'd require more emotes than a bow, but anyone with instruction could use em. They fit the medieval aesthetic in my opinion.

Did medieval knights ever use guns? - Quora

shitty medieval guns are 100% more immersive than robots, magic machine guns, mechas and whatever other bs you can get through forum app magic.

if you want medieval fantasy clamp down on this stuff that ruins the aesthetic, otherwise why not have guns at this point. totally arbitrary decision that doesn't align with what ST/Lore allows

"come up with ideas to fix crp"

"dont recommend anything that would fix crp"

jokes aside. there is no problem with armour, dont fight someone in full plate with a sword. use a warhammer, a rapier, a punching dagger, a mace, whatever. non-issue. People fought wars in this armour, people on here act you'd get tired after 3 emotes fighting in it.

2 emote for bows and such. people who complain "ah mages would be too weak if bows became 2 emotes" strike me as weird. it should take more time to summon arcane energy from your soul and cast a spell, than it should for a peasant to just fire an arrow.

and as people stated before me, i think the animii robots and 40k rip off stuff break server immersion and setting. staff should enforce the setting more, or update it.

Maybe dictate reactability based on armor grade. If you have anything higher than halfplate, you cant block and attack in the same turn

a speed debuff of sorts

Encumberment should certainly be a thing, and efforts to dodge bodily blows while wearing full-plate should significantly reduce stamina. Think of it as wearing a weighted vest, not too much mobility in those either.

I play big bad Automaton fella.

Please consider clamping down on some of the 'exotic' automaton roleplay. I love gritty steampunk, some people don't. I don't like when it turns to trying to shove as much tech as you can get away with in Automaton's and call it 'Automaton Tech'

*Cough cough floating servo skulls with autoloading crossbows cough cough*

On 5/31/2024 at 3:05 PM, Buru said:

Maybe dictate reactability based on armor grade. If you have anything higher than halfplate, you cant block and attack in the same turn

Plate is OP for a reason. Superior protection with a, relatively, minimal trade off of dexterity. The draw backs of plate is not your ability to react in a fight, it's that it's weight over time is tiring. If it made you that slow in real life, people just wouldn't wear it even in a fight, because completely losing your ability to react in a fight is a death sentance.

Limit. Access. To. Plate. Plate is expensive. It takes a skilled smith who specifically knows how to construct and fit a full set of armor to, and this is important, A specific person. Plate that isn't fitted to you will in fact limit your dexterity, as various pieces of your armor get in the way of eachother because it doesn't fit.

I don't know how. Maybe make it so plate requires a specific material to make.

On 5/31/2024 at 2:19 PM, _RoyalCrafter_ said:

jokes aside. there is no problem with armour, dont fight someone in full plate with a sword. use a warhammer, a rapier, a punching dagger, a mace, whatever. non-issue. People fought wars in this armour, people on here act you'd get tired after 3 emotes fighting in it.

^

On 5/31/2024 at 2:19 PM, _RoyalCrafter_ said:

2 emote for bows and such. people who complain "ah mages would be too weak if bows became 2 emotes" strike me as weird. it should take more time to summon arcane energy from your soul and cast a spell, than it should for a peasant to just fire an arrow.

Lower ranged weapon emote count. In the time it takes to draw a bow, a guy can sprint across the field and be right on top of you.

On 5/29/2024 at 8:07 PM, Llir said:

i'll add guns when LOTC (the fantasy medieval RP server) dies and we create a fantasy victorian steampunk RP server in its place

you say this jokingly but... I'm on board. I've been itching to do some steampunk plugins.