[Magic Lore] Arcane Evocation

$10000 to grandfather me  

Lore seems pretty cool, and an arcanism return would be nice. The Flat version of the shield spell seems a little strong - one emote once connected to deflect an attack is basically the same speed as Air Evocation's Redirect, except it works on any attack and not just projectiles. It would probably make sense to add an emote to the cast time, or further reduce the number of charges and force the caster to remain stationary for the turn when using the spell. 

you are damn right, I love me the arcane wizard aesthetic

so the flat shield- to avoid it becoming stronger redirect, which is way strong already, I'd give it some sort of drawback like taking your whole focus and movement, being the only thing you can do that emote. and/or maybe like brisk step, you can't cast it again the next emote. just my thoughts

and a small note, arcane armaments could specify melee weapons only just to be clear (if that is what it's supposed to be)

overall 10/10 please please bring arcanism back

Please Lore team.

please, please return my boy

I will drop water evocation without even thinking

People who had arcanism before it was shelved should 100% be grandfathered into this.

LETS GOOO! THANK YOU DEER!

This is SOOOooo cool. I LOVEEEeee. Need arcanism. Need arcanism. Need arcanism. Need arcanism.

I HATE ARCANISM IT SHOULD STAY SHELVED GRRR.

Do I have to beg?

can i have my MA and TA reopened thanks

...i guess magic missile will stay out of housemagery... :(

22 hours ago, H said:

-snip-

So I nerfed it slightly, 2 times per combat, cannot move in the same turn as casting it to block something. Also, unrelated to this but I made it so the specializations are redlined to be unenchantable. So one mage doesnt run around with all three spells, defeating the purpose of specialization.

16 hours ago, SaviourMeme said:

-snip-

No, it's been gone long enough. Besides, I'm gonna pick two people from two different areas to teach it to their respective nations/settlements. I haven't decided who yet. Third one will be my mage though, who just roams. I'll teach anyone so it'll get around don't worry.

5 hours ago, SlitheryC1 said:

-snip-

L, I guess