[✗] [Amendment] Eminence Incanter's Flow Buff

Posted (edited)

Incanter's Flow

Old

Spoiler

Additionally, their intensive focus allows them to more swiftly cast their spells at the cost of half of their physical might, allowing them to remove [1] emote from the casting time of any voidal magic(or in non-combat, perform rituals twice as fast). In combat, the minimum this may reduce a spell to is [1 connect+2 cast] for its requirements, and may only effect spells up to Tier 4 in nature.

New

Spoiler

Additionally, their intensive focus allows them to more swiftly cast their spells at the cost of half of their physical might, allowing them to remove [1] emote from the casting time of any voidal magic (or in non-combat, perform rituals twice as fast) for any spells you make a verbal incantation on the casting emote of (ex. saying the spell's name, chanting in an ancient language, etc.). In combat, the minimum this may reduce a spell to is [1 connect + 1 charge + 1 cast] for its requirements, and may only effect spells up to Tier 4 in nature.

Added Redlines

Spoiler

- Verbal incantations must be said aloud in the same range as the spellcast and may not be subtle in any way should one wish for Incanter's Flow to apply. These may be things as simple as saying the spell name or as complex as full chanting in ancient tongues. Flavor such as voice booming, warbling, etc. may be added to the emotes without impacting effects.

- Should one be incapable or otherwise hindered in speech (mute, deaf, gagged, etc.), the incantation will still be fully audible and articulate. This may not be used to communicate otherwise unable to be spoken information.

Reasoning

Spoiler

It's fun flavor, besides, it's called Incanter's Flow, it should require incantation :3

Makes it something different than "I just cast better now :D", we archmages gotta archmage.

FIREBALL!

Changelog

Spoiler

(Updated 6/1/2024 at 11:48 AM EST)

- Added Redline to allow for speech when otherwise incapable.

- Removed incantation being necessary for building Incanter's Flow.

(Updated 6/1/2024 at 3:41 PM EST)

- Changed it from [1 Connect + 2 Cast] to [1 Connect + 1 Charge + 1 Cast] to fit other Voidal lore. :D

Edited by ScoutTheWitch

This feels out of place for Eminence, aside from a minor tie-in to the word "Incanter". That isn't to say I don't like the basis of this addition, I actually find it would work well within a new feat which is foundationally based around incantations and verbal casting.

Also, pour one out for my mute / deaf magi.

As a lil Eminence dude, I agree with @Luxury. I don't think this fits nor is it really needed. Incanter's flow is pretty good as is. Besides we all know why we really take Eminence. It's for the two magnum opus slots that we'll never fill.

+1

Make it happen I need my Harry Potter battles now +1

Me on my way to counter eminents by putting by putting random objects in their mouths.

Evil Grinch GIFs | Tenor

For people interested here is my top 10 of eminent countering objects.

10 - A smelly orcish owned sock

9- Cactus Green Brownies

8- Krugtucky fried chicken

7- Cupcakes but exclusively made with out of date ingredients.

6- Spam

5- A brick. Just a random brick.

4- Flour- it doubles as a smokescreen

3- A cactus for extra damage

2- A live fish

1- A copy of the canonist scrolls.

Checkmate, voidal NERDS. 

This lore has been denied. 

No need to restrict aesthetic tells, if someone wanted to do this, they would/could do this- I do not think it should be mandated.