LC - What Items Should Be Free?

_mady07

natural blocks, player heads 

LC Post recommendations from a terrain builder:
uN3hrFFK.png?format=webp&quality=lossless
(The current project)

The predominant issue that I have to work with on lc is the log situation - This is the concerning: Logs, wood (four sided logs), and stripped log. 
       - Having free leaves is really helpful but dating back to January - I spent over 4k worth of mina to get a small square of trees pasted in around Veletz. I now fear that I will suffer the same fate when I build this terrain that've spent 4 months on, you are also able to get these from CT - But why must you cancel your lc to get over 12 double chests worth of logs just to have an nice ambient filling tile.

The second idea is Moss block (and hopefully Mossy Cobblestone) - A new era of minecraft has come from 1.18 onwards really in terms of block palette and colour paths - Moss is a heavily used block not only due to the fact its a much lighter green grass variation but also its very handy for overgrowth on paths, cliff face decoration, vegetation overgrowth on builds as the moss doesn't spread unless you have bonemeal.
((For the Mossy cobblestone request - That is just another variation of cobblestone that is often used for builds to show the gradual embelishment from nature, and also helps when you are making ruins in tiles that often are lacking any roleplay functionablity due to the emptiness that came with the world painter. ))

sand wasn't free but cobble was??? no wonder we have giant cobble walled cities, i was wondering where they got the mina from. turns out they didn't!

Moss blocks, Mossy cobblestone and variants. Tuff. Mossy stone bricks and variants.

not free but please for the love god, i use anvils a lot in my decorating and for as far as i know lotc dont use them for anything, but lc doesnt allow you to place them so could we get anvils placed simply for decorative purposes?. i used 2-3 stack of iron yesterday for 8 anvils just to hold up some leaves.

what should be free, flowers, stone varients, and honestly anything that is in resorce island, i think it silly that things we can get from resorce island is paid for. such as wood, moss, and other basic materials.

Mossy variants, all flowers, woods, leaves, etc.

As much as I would like all stone blocks to be free and heads, I think that would make LC essentially free for everything. The above is more useful just for simple decorations, terrain, and clean up

Having been working with terrain for the past 3 months, mossy blocks and their variants, as well as regular wood - if not also stripped - are the top blocks I would deem needing a change in pricing to the low, low price of free. I’m a high fantasy aesthetic gal and with half the server existing in forest and plains biomes, the majority of blocks used are natural. Creating forests and caves that look and feel like they’re part of a narrative rather than just letting vanilla minecraft do its thing (sapling, bonemeal, insta tree for less the cost) is a huge necessity.

All variants of flowers and stripped woods are a close second in needing to be free.

Anything IRL that would require a craftsman to work with so that it can be used (polished stone types but not the base blocks, planks, stairs, trapdoors and so forth) should remain needing payment.

Mossy variants of stone, tuff, moss in general. Log and wood variants if possible. Goodness knows enough forests get knocked down for city builds that they’d have plenty of trees to utilize.

This might be a bit more complicated, but things like putting out a campfire with a shovel or making a path cost mina currently. Considering you're already paying for the block itself (at least in the campfire's case) that feels like something that should be free.

I think it should be items that are common, have little to no value, are used frequently in builds, or could possibly occur naturally in the the area of construction 

ex: gravel, dirt, sand, plant items like grass flowers etc

dripstone and it's variants, water if possible, blackstone and it's variants, tuff, raw iron/copper/gold as those are often used in place of regular rocks, all flowers since you can get them from CT pretty easily and are considered natural, and lastly logs + woods (woods are logs but with bark on all faces) for trees.

Free them all, end the grief. make lotc beautiful again 💅