Ordinance of Napier´s Ridge, Creation of the Chambery Gendarmerie

Etow

AD_4nXcd1WvAGLd4ixWNhLLSUSOjm0ZZWb67c_UhvcJVZazgkQcFisklPesBSiu0R3J4MXhQHFipiAvghegb4d7vEFWk-Tg5ixsutk2O6wDgFIVcoqTa-I0KEXDXuaSqKqO-CGJIvmgXeS6pSJ0JPhXy0gIcN8zW?key=evBujtP1wrxOQ55cOl05FA

Ordinance of Napier´s Ridge

THE CHAMBERY GENDARMERIE

S.A 187

The Chambery Constabulary & Juror Act of S.A 180

Introduced by Edith Hope II and voted on in the Conseille Municipale,

Enacted and modified by decree by the Bourgemestre during S.A 187.

AD_4nXcd4iEKyY8wXmIpZVP-wkJopXPoPjPR-SWWeJb3jWgSXjJDwhDoik6UFv-ZXGBawDlVZyoSpYrKC5nIETJ4k95oHkWpsf1LiOoThdmBVgNvk4m0v6GvVq6mYq2IlFu9hdXlg9IbGauLM8kUeJFEMnwzGmKC?key=evBujtP1wrxOQ55cOl05FA

AD_4nXfnUweCx6syP8AN_KDgl8N6r8WRDiZJM-JhSNv0diHmCzVjbF7rTAF6apf0e6SkWruV3A3ArFnbtJ55-220MNFKPOxyyYasWVpG9pKKQ-BK5oq3qFCFOn7-rsk-6Q1sOdgfkrxFlDXPqbXTVQFKJuLXx2wS?key=evBujtP1wrxOQ55cOl05FA

Preamble :

With this Ordinance, The Free City of Chambery also re-affirms its belonging to the great Heartlandic Confederation. It has reached us that some peoples believe in the perception that Chambery does not wish to be an active part of the realm and live in its own fully fledged autonomy. These are completely false perception of Chambery, as Chambery always had immense interest in the participation and in the prosperity of the Realm, its leaders and citizens have through its History a served in Petra´s River Council and even as Chancellor and Today continue to actively serve and participate in the Realms prosperity, may it be through the Garmont Assembly, through supporting the Heartlandic Court with various Cultural events and of course with its contribution to scholarly, scientific endeavors extending the Horizon of the possible and keeping records of History with the Nothern Geographical Society. Our Status of Free City gives us Autonomy to manage ourselves to ensure the prosperity of these Scholars, Scientists, the Guilds in our Municipal Borders. It does in no way mean we are independent, or do not care about everything else. We are very dependent part of the realm, our prosperity depends on the Realm prosperity, we have always been a dedicated member of this great realm, and shall continue to serve it as we always have.

AD_4nXcd1WvAGLd4ixWNhLLSUSOjm0ZZWb67c_UhvcJVZazgkQcFisklPesBSiu0R3J4MXhQHFipiAvghegb4d7vEFWk-Tg5ixsutk2O6wDgFIVcoqTa-I0KEXDXuaSqKqO-CGJIvmgXeS6pSJ0JPhXy0gIcN8zW?key=evBujtP1wrxOQ55cOl05FA

INTRODUCTION

Following recent increases in crime within the Free City of Chambery the Conseille Municipale saw fit to issue the resolution for the creation of an act to address such issues. That act is to create a new Framework for a Gendarmerie & Justice which was outlined in Ms. Hope’s initial Constabulary Resolution. In this Ordinance, observing the Chambery rights outline in its Charter, the creation of a Gendarmerie (Or Constabulary in the common tongue) will be enacted. In addition a petition will be made to the monarchs to appoint the Bourgmestre a Conseiller or a Citizen of Chambery to serve as a Judge of the Heartands to preside over Trials in Chambery.

The Gendarmerie is a armed police force and not a military, it will serve to Police the Municipal territory of Chambery and in extreme cases defend the city from external threats while awaiting the support from the Legion of Saint Godwin.

SECTION I

Whereas the safety and order of our fair town of Chambery are of paramount importance, be it hereby enacted by the Bourgmestre of Chambery.

I - Establishment of the Gendarmerie:

I.I - The Gendarmerie shall be established, composed of able-bodied folk of good character and an unwavering commitment to justice.

I.II - The Gendarmerie shall consist of three Gendarmes and a Commandant, new Gendarmes are appointed by Commandant the and approved by the Conseille.

I.III - The Gendarmerie shall be the policing force of Chambery but answers to the authority of the Legion of Saint-Godwin and will cooperate with it in all matters.

II - Responsibilities of the Gendarmes:
II.I - Gendarmes shall patrol the streets, alleys, and marketplaces, ensuring peace and tranquility. Gendarmes shall serve summonses, warrants, and other legal documents as required. Along with providing prosecution in front of the Judge and a Court of Jurors in the event of a court case.  

III - Establishment of Juries and Courts:
III.I - A recognized Judge of the Heartlands will preside over the Municipal Courts of the Free City de Chambery. As per Codex of Saint Godwin the Judge will be appointed by the Monarchs or Chancellor of the Realm. Judges that are to be appointed will be proposed by the Municipal council to the Monarch to serve the courts in Chambery.

III.II - Qualifications for a Juror must be that they are of eighteen years of age, of sound mind, and of sound principle. A group is to be drawn from the Chambery Registry of Citizenry to serve as Jurors in the Chamberian Court.

Issued and Proclaimed by,

Bourgmestre of the Free City de Chambéry-sur-Petra, Chanzlée Emeritus of the Petra, Chief of the Wittenbach Clan, Nicolas Emmanuel Wittenbach.

*Nicolas would comment*

I still fully trust the Legion to be able to protect Chambery as it always has ! The Legion is an amazing protective force and has saved chambery many times over, I thank them for that with all my heart. However the Legion cannot always be there as it has to already patrol the Capital cities and the rest of the realm! So Me together with the Municipal Council saw it fit to establish a small Gendarmerie Police that could Patrol our streets. Noble Houses are afforded the right to have their own Houseguards to protect them, A City should be afforded the same right, having a policing presence to protect the peace. That is all that the Gendarmerie is, our own little local force to keep the city safe, while same time standing under the authority of the Legion.

*Valerie Is reading this missive, while being in her new office, happy at last to be able to operate, adjusting her uniform, she gives the military salute in front of a painting by Nicolas.